1. The perfect potato soup
This simple and attractive fall potato soup is formed with ingredients you almost certainly have already got available. ” Easy recipe if you precook the carrots and potatoes within the microwave. Serve it with baguettes and a salad,” Debby Langley says.
- 6 Russian potatoes, peeled and cut into half-inch cubes.
- 5 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 celery sticks, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups breast milk
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon of the same, in the same manner as the others.
- ⅛ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch paprika, or to taste.
Checklist of instructions
Place the potatoes during a large saucepan and canopy with water; bring back a boil. Boil for about 10 minutes, until flesh is fork-tender. Drain.
Place the bacon during an outsized skillet and fry over medium heat, turning occasionally, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels. Drain the bacon fat.
Melt the butter during a saucepan over medium heat, scraping the rock bottom of the pan with a flat wooden spoon. Add celery, onion, carrots, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir for two minutes.
For half-and-half chicken stock into the pot; add potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, thyme, cayenne, and nutmeg. Bring back to a boil, stirring frequently. Stir within the bacon pieces.
Spoon into serving bowls. Garnish with 1/2 teaspoon pepper, chives, and paprika.
Open next page to continue reading: